AAML, Illinois Chapter
**AAML-IL Columbus Day Seminar 2015
CLE Now Available!**
Missed the live event? Just want to see it again?
In 1962, a small group of nationally known divorce /family lawyers met in Chicago Illinois to discuss the need to humanize and dignify the most traumatic area of family relations. These Illinois lawyers founded the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers to improve the practice of divorce and family law. Illinois has one of the most active Chapters of the AAML. Fellows of the Academy concentrate their practice in all issues related to divorce and paternity cases including:
- Divorce & Collaborative Divorce
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Pre-Nuptial & Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Business Valuation
The Academy Fellows are highly skilled negotiators and litigators who represent individuals in all facets of family law. The 1600 AAML Fellows across the United States are generally recognized by judges and attorneys in the area of family law as having a high level of knowledge, skill and integrity. Read further details regarding Membership Criteria.* The Illinois Chapter of the AAML provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions about a variety of issues in divorce. Review of these should help you in selecting and working with your family lawyer. We also provide links to a number of publications including: AAML National Publications and Illinois Chapter Publications. We provide basic information on legal issues including Grandparent Visitation, Legal Separation, Common Illinois Divorce Abbreviations, Business Valuation in Illinois Divorces and Premarital and Post-Marital in Divorce. Finally, we provide a comprehensive list of Resources and Links. Please see:
- Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Page of the Illinois Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- The Illinois Chapter of the AAML is proud to announce that the AAML Foundation has awarded a grant of $5,000 to WINGS' Safe House Domestic Violence Shelter & Supportive Services program in Palatine. More information about the WINGS' program.